WinknDrink® Terms and Conditions of Use
Last updated: March 18, 2022
The Meet Now App is trademarked as “WinknDrink” and is ran by the Meet Now Group.
Hello from the WinknDrink DreamTeam! We are so excited to have you use our app. These are our Terms and Conditions of Use (referred to as “Terms”). This is a contract between you and the Meet Now Group (as defined further below) and we want you to know yours and our rights before you use the website or application (“WinknDrink” or the “App”). Pleased make sure you read this entirely. It is your responsibility to know and adhere to these Terms. By using WinknDrink you are agreeing to all these terms and conditions below. Once you access, view or use the App, you are legally bound by these Terms.
SUPER-DUPER IMPORTANT: Section 13 of these Terms contains provisions governing how claims that you and the Meet Now Group have against each other are resolved. In particular, it contains an arbitration agreement that will, with limited exceptions, require disputes between us to be submitted to binding and final arbitration. It’s written below but we just need to say it twice.
- OUR SIMPLE RULES
Before you can use the App, you will need to register for an account (“Account”). In order to create an Account you must:
- be at least 18 years old or the age of majority to legally enter into a contract under the laws of your home country; and
- be legally permitted to use the App by the laws of your home country;
- submit truthful information about yourself.
- READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We use a combination of automated systems and a quality assurance team to monitor and review accounts and messages for content that indicates breaches of these Terms. We reserve the right at our sole discretion to terminate or suspend any Account, restrict access to the App, or make use of any operational, technological, legal or other means available to enforce the Terms (including without limitation blocking specific IP addresses), at any time without liability and without the need to give you prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing in any way, we expressly reserve the right to terminate or suspend your Account without notice (1) for violating these terms, (2) due to your conduct on the App, or your conduct with other users of the App (including your “offline” conduct), if we, in our sole discretion, determine your conduct was inappropriate or improper, (3) if we or our affiliates, in our or their sole discretion, determine your conduct on other apps operated by our affiliates was inappropriate or improper, or (4) for any reasons whatsoever that we deem, in our sole discretion, justifies termination. If your Account is terminated or suspended, you agree you will not receive a refund for any paid service or features you have already been charged for. You may not use other users accounts, such violations will lead to terminations of services for both parties.
You may not access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the App or our systems. Certain portions of the App may not be accessible if you have not registered for an Account.
Subscribe to services for a term (the “Initial Term”), then the terms of your subscription will be automatically renewed for additional periods of the same duration as the Initial Term at WinknDrink’s then-current fee for such services, unless you cancel your subscription in accordance with Section 5 below.
- YOUR CONTENT, MEMBER CONTENT, OUR CONTENT
There are three types of content that you will be able to access on the App:
- content that you upload and provide (“Your Content”);
- content that members provide (“Member Content”); and
- content that the Meet Now Group provides (including, without limitation, database(s) and/or software) (“Our Content”).
Sorry, there is certain content we can’t allow while using the App it will take away from the FUN that we are aiming for.
The whole point of the app is to make in person connections, so be who you are. No filters please, you’re beautiful/handsome the way you are! We want to see the real you. We want our users to be able express themselves as much as possible and post who they are on WinknDrink, but we have to impose restrictions on certain content which we have a zero tolerance for. Below is the list of the unacceptable content;
- contains language or imagery which could be deemed offensive or is likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person (including for example and without limitation, language that could be deemed discriminatory towards an individual’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or physical appearance);
- is obscene, pornographic, violent or otherwise may offend human dignity (including for example and without limitation, language that could be deemed discriminatory towards an individual’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or physical appearance);
- is abusive, insulting or threatening, discriminatory or which promotes or encourages racism, sexism, hatred or bigotry (including for example and without limitation, language that could be deemed discriminatory towards an individual’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or physical appearance);
- encourages any illegal activity including, without limitation, terrorism, inciting racial hatred or the submission of which in itself constitutes committing a criminal offence;
- is defamatory or libelous;
- relates to commercial activities (including, without limitation, sales, competitions and advertising, links to other websites or premium line telephone numbers);
- involves the transmission of “junk” mail or “spam”;
- contains any spyware, adware, viruses, corrupt files, worm programmes or other malicious code designed to interrupt, damage or limit the functionality of or disrupt any software, hardware, telecommunications, networks, servers or other equipment, Trojan horse or any other material designed to damage, interfere with, wrongly intercept or expropriate any data or personal information whether from WinknDrink or otherwise;
- itself, or the posting of which, infringes any third party’s rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights and privacy rights);
- shows another person which was created or distributed without that person’s consent;
- is harmful to minors; or
- impersonates any other person, including falsely stating your name.
The Meet Now Group will report any content that is in violation of our policy and harmful to others.
Please be yourself, honest and be kind. It’s really simple.
Your Profile Content
You agree that Your Content must comply with our Guidelines at https://winkndrinks.com/en/guidelines, as updated from time to time. As Your Content is unique, you are responsible and liable for Your Content and will indemnify, defend, release, and hold us harmless from any claims made in connection with Your Content.
You may not display any personal contact or banking information on your individual profile page whether in relation to you or any other person (for example, names, home addresses or postcodes, telephone numbers, email addresses, URLs, credit/debit card or other banking details). If you do choose to reveal any personal information about yourself to other users, whether via email or otherwise, it is at your own risk. We encourage you to use the same caution in disclosing details about yourself to third parties online as you would under any other circumstances.
WinknDrink is a public community, Your Content will be visible to other users of the App all around the U.S (or World as we launch in other Countries) instantly. What goes out on the app is open to the public so make sure you are comfortable sharing Your Content before you post. As such, you agree that Your Content may be viewed by other users and any person visiting, participating in or who is sent a link to the App (e.g. individuals who receive a link to a user’s profile or shared content from other Users). By uploading Your Content on WinknDrink, you represent and warrant to us that you have all necessary rights and license to do so, and automatically grant us a non-exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide license to use Your Content in any way (including, without limitation, editing, copying, modifying, adapting, translating, reformatting, creating derivative works from, incorporating into other works, advertising, distributing and otherwise making available to the general public such Content, whether in whole or in part and in any format or medium currently known or developed in the future).
We may assign and/or sub-license the above license to our affiliates and successors without any further approval by you.
We do not have any obligation to store Your Content – if it’s important, you should make a copy. We will never store your content.
So that we can prevent the unconsented use of Your Content by other members or third parties outside of WinknDrink, you authorize us to act on your behalf with respect to such infringing and/or unauthorized uses. This expressly includes the authority, but not the obligation, for us to send takedown notices (including, without limitation, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3) (i.e., DMCA Takedown Notices)) on your behalf if Your Content is taken and used by third parties outside of WinknDrink.
WinknDrink Member Content
Other members of WinknDrink will also share content via the App. Member Content belongs to the user who posted the content and is stored on our servers and displayed via the App at the direction of the user providing the Member Content.
You do not have any rights in relation to other users’ Member Content, and you may only use other users’ personal information to the extent that your use of it while linked for WinknDrink’s purpose of allowing people to meet one another instantly. You may not use other users’ information for personal gain, commercial purposes, to spam, to harass, stalk or to make unlawful threats. Screenshotting users’ pages is not allowed. We reserve the right to terminate your Account if you misuse other users’ information or post on other platforms.
Member Content is subject to the terms and conditions of Sections 512(c) and/or 512(d) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1998. If you have a complaint about Member Content, please see the Digital Millennium Copyright Act section below for more information.
WinknDrink Content (Patent Pending/Trademarked)
Our app is actually Patent Pending, we’ve been working on this since 2019. Any other text, content, graphics, user interfaces, trademarks, logos, sounds, artwork, and other intellectual property appearing on our website or app, as well as the software and database(s), are owned, controlled or licensed by us and are protected by copyright, trademark, data, database rights and/or other intellectual property law rights. All right, title and interest in and to Our Content remains with us at all times.
We shall grant you a non-exclusive, limited, personal, non-transferable, revocable, license to access and use Our Content, without the right to sublicense, under the following conditions:
- you shall not use, sell, modify, or distribute Our Content except as permitted by the functionality of the App;
- you shall not use our name in metatags, keywords and/or hidden text;
- you shall not create derivative works from Our Content or scrape, disable, decompile, analyze or in any way commercially exploit Our Content, in whole or in part, in any way; and
- you shall use Our Content for lawful purposes only.
We reserve all other rights.
No Obligation to Pre-Screen Content.
Since WinknDrink is an online community, we generally try to avoid getting in the way and therefore don’t assume any obligation to pre-screen any of Your Content or any Member Content. However, there may be times where we need to step in, and we reserve the right to review, pre-screen, refuse and/or remove any Member Content and Your Content, including content exchanged between users in direct messages.
- Restrictions on the WinknDrink App
By downloading and using the app you agree to:
- comply with all applicable laws, including without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, equal opportunity laws and regulatory requirements;
- use your REAL NAME and REAL AGE in creating your WinknDrink account and on your profile; and
- use the services in a professional manner.
You agree that you will not:
- act in an unlawful or unprofessional manner including being dishonest, abusive or discriminatory;
- misrepresent your identity, your age, your current or previous positions, qualifications or affiliations with a person or entity;
- disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose;
- stalk or harass any other user of the App;
- create or operate a pyramid scheme, fraud or other similar practice, or;
- develop, support or use software, devices, scripts, robots, other types of mobile code or any other means or processes (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-on or other technology) to scrape or otherwise exfiltrate from WinknDrink or its services, or otherwise copy profiles and other data from the services.
This app is intended to be fun and safe. Users who cause disruption will be reported to authorities by our team. You can report any abuse or complain about Member Content by contacting us, outlining the abuse and/or complaint, at email@example.com. You can also report a user directly from the chat by clicking the ‘Block & Report’ link. You are allowed to block users while looking through the app by viewing their profile. We reserve the right to investigate any possible violations of these Terms, any WinknDrink user’s rights, or any third-party rights and we may, in our sole discretion, immediately terminate any user’s right to use of the App without prior notice, as set out further in Section 1 above, and/or remove any improper, infringing or otherwise unauthorized Member Content submitted to the App.
We don’t control any of the things our users say or do, so you are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the App. (Please see our safety tips to better equipped to use our service.)
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE MEET NOW GROUP DOES NOT CURRENTLY CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ITS USERS. THE MEET NOW GROUP ALSO DOES NOT INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUNDS OF ITS USERS OR ATTEMPT TO VERIFY THE STATEMENTS OF ITS USERS. THE MEET NOW GROUP MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF ANY USERS OR THEIR COMPATIBILITY WITH ANY CURRENT OR FUTURE USERS. THE MEET NOW GROUP RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CONDUCT ANY CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK OR OTHER SCREENINGS (SUCH AS SEX OFFENDER REGISTRATION SEARCHES) AT ANY TIME AND TO USE AVAILABLE PUBLIC RECORDS FOR ANY PURPOSE.
You agree to, and hereby do, release The Meet Now Group and its successors from any claims, demands, losses, damages, rights, and actions of any kind, including personal injuries, death and property damage, that either directly or indirectly arises from your interactions with or conduct of other users of the App. If you are a California resident, you hereby waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which states, “A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor or releasing party does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release and that, if known by him or her, would have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor or released party.” The foregoing release does not apply to any claims, demands, or any losses, damages, rights and actions of any kind, including personal injuries, death or property damage for any unconscionable commercial practice by the Meet Now Group or for such party’s fraud, deception, false, promise, misrepresentation or concealment, suppression or omission of any material fact in connection with the App.
Scraping or replicating any part of the App without our prior consent is expressly prohibited. This includes by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available, published interfaces – unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with us.
- PAYMENT TERMS
WinknDrink may offer products and services for purchase on the App (“In-App Purchase”). If you choose to make an In-App Purchase, you acknowledge and agree that additional terms, disclosed to you at the point of purchase, may apply, and that such additional terms are incorporated herein by reference.
You may make an In-App Purchase through the following payment methods (“Payment Method”): (a) making a purchase through a third-party platform such as the Apple App Store and Google Play Store (“Third Party Store”), or (b) paying with your credit card, debit card, or PayPal account, which will be processed by a third-party processor. Once you have made an In-App Purchase, you authorize us to charge your chosen Payment Method. If payment is not received by us from your chosen Payment Method, you agree to promptly pay all amounts due upon demand by us.
Subscriptions and Auto-Renewal: WinknDrink may offer some services as automatically-renewing subscriptions, e.g., a one-week subscription, one-month subscription, or three-month subscription (“Premium Services”). IF YOU PURCHASE AN AUTOMATICALLY RENEWING SUBSCRIPTION, YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL RENEW AT THE END OF THE PERIOD, UNLESS YOU CANCEL, AT WinknDrink’s THEN-CURRENT PRICE FOR SUCH SUBSCRIPTIONS. To avoid charges for a new subscription period, you must cancel, as described below, before the end of the then-current subscription period. Deleting your account or deleting the application from your device does not cancel your subscription. You will be given notice of changes in the pricing of the Premium Services to which you have subscribed and an opportunity to cancel. If WinknDrink changes these prices and you do not cancel your subscription, you agree that you will be charged at WinknDrink’s then-current pricing for subscription.
Cancelling Subscriptions. When you purchase a subscription through a Third Party Store, such as the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store, you will need to access your account with that Third Party Store and follow instructions to change or cancel your subscription. If you cancel your subscription, you may use your subscription until the end of the period you last paid for, but (i) you will not (except as set forth in the subsection entitled “Refunds” below) be eligible for a prorated refund, (ii) your subscription will not be renewed when that period expires and (iii) you will then no longer be able to use the Premium Services or In-App Purchases enabled by your subscription.
California subscribers: You may cancel your subscription and request a refund at any time prior to midnight of the third business day following the date you subscribed. If you subscribed using your Apple ID, refunds are handled by Apple, not WinknDrink. If you wish to request a refund, please visit https://getsupport.apple.com. If you subscribed using your Google Play Store account or through the App, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Trials. If you sign up for a free trial and do not cancel, your trial may convert into a paid subscription and your Payment Method will be charged at the then-current price for such subscription. Once your free trial converts to a paid subscription, your paid subscription will continue to automatically renew at the end of each period, and your Payment Method will be charged, until you cancel. To avoid charges for a new subscription period, you must cancel before the end of the then-current subscription period or free trial period as described above. Deleting your account or deleting the application from your device does not cancel your free trial. If you have signed up for a free trial on WinknDrink through the Apple Store or Google Play Store previously, you will not be eligible for another free trial and you will then be automatically signed up to a subscription and charged as described in this paragraph.
Refunds. Generally, all charges for purchases are nonrefundable, and there are no refunds or credits for partially used periods.
For subscribers residing in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Rhode Island, and Wisconsin, the terms below apply:
You may cancel your subscription, without penalty or obligation, at any time prior to midnight of the third business day following the date you subscribed. In the event that you die before the end of your subscription period, your estate shall be entitled to a refund of that portion of any payment you had made for your subscription which is allocable to the period after your death. In the event that you become disabled (such that you are unable to use WinknDrink) before the end of your subscription period, you shall be entitled to a refund of that portion of any payment you had made for your subscription which is allocable to the period after your disability by providing the company notice in the same manner as you request a refund as described below.
To request a refund:
In addition to cancelling, you must request a refund to receive one. If you subscribed using your Apple ID, refunds are handled by Apple, not WinknDrink. To request a refund, go to iTunes, click on your Apple ID, select “Purchase history,” find the transaction and hit “Report Problem”. You can also submit a request at https://getsupport.apple.com.
- For all other purchases: please contact email@example.com with a screenshot of your transaction and order number (you can find the order number in the order confirmation email, or if you purchased from the Google Play Store by logging in to Google Wallet). You may also mail or deliver a signed and dated notice which states that you, the buyer, are canceling this agreement, or words of similar effect. Please also include the email address or mobile number associated with your account along with your order number. This notice shall be sent to: Meet Now Group LLC, Attn.: Cancellations, 4325 Gallatin St #311, Hyattsville MD 20781-2051, United States. California and Ohio members may send a facsimile, please call our offices for information.
The payments required under this Section 5 do not include any Sales Tax that may be due in connection with the Premium Services provided under these Terms. If WinknDrink determines it has a legal obligation to collect a Sales Tax from you in connection with these Terms, WinknDrink will collect such Sales Tax in addition to the payments required under this Section 5. If any Premium Services, or payments for any Premium Services, under these Terms are subject to any Sales Tax in any jurisdiction and you have not remitted the applicable Sales Tax to WinknDrink, you will be responsible for the payment of such Sales Tax and any related penalties or interest to the relevant tax authority. As used herein, “Sales Tax” means any sales or use tax and any other tax measured by sales proceeds that is the functional equivalent of a sales tax where the applicable taxing jurisdiction does not otherwise impose a sales or use tax.
- VIRTUAL ITEMS
At times, you may be able to purchase a limited, personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access special limited-use features from WinknDrink, referred to here as “Virtual Items.” You can only purchase Virtual Items through WinknDrink or WinknDrink’s partners. Virtual Items represent a limited license right governed by this Agreement, and, except as otherwise prohibited by applicable law, no title or ownership in or to Virtual Items is being transferred or assigned to you. This Agreement, and your purchase of Virtual Items, does not constitute the sale of any rights in Virtual Items.
Any Virtual Item balance shown in your account does not constitute a real-world balance or reflect any stored value, but instead shows the extent of your license to access Virtual Items. Virtual Items do not incur fees for non-use. Your license in Virtual Items will terminate on the earlier of WinknDrink ceasing provision of services or your account closing or terminating. WinknDrink may also at times provide Virtual Items as bonuses to, or parts of, paid subscriptions for its services. Your ability to use Virtual Items you have access to in this manner may terminate at the end of each of your subscription periods and your access to Virtual Items may not “roll over” or accumulate through additional subscription periods. Your access to Virtual Items gained through subscriptions may also end if you cancel your subscription.
WinknDrink, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to charge fees for the right to access or use Virtual Items and/or may distribute Virtual Items with or without charge. WinknDrink may manage, regulate, control, modify, or eliminate Virtual Items at any time, including taking actions that may impact the perceived value or purchase price, if applicable, of any Virtual Items and WinknDrink shall have no liability to you for doing so. You shall not sell, redeem, or otherwise transfer Virtual Items to any person or entity. Virtual Items may only be redeemed through our Services.
ALL PURCHASES AND REDEMPTIONS OF VIRTUAL ITEMS MADE THROUGH OUR SERVICES ARE FINAL AND NON-REFUNDABLE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WINKNDRINK IS NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A REFUND FOR ANY REASON, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MONEY OR OTHER COMPENSATION FOR UNUSED VIRTUAL ITEMS WHEN AN ACCOUNT IS CLOSED, WHETHER SUCH CLOSURE WAS VOLUNTARY OR INVOLUNTARY.
- PUSH NOTIFICATIONS; LOCATION-BASED FEATURES
We may provide you with emails, text messages, push notifications, alerts and other messages related to the App and/or the WinknDrink services, such as enhancements, offers, products, events, and other promotions. After downloading the App, you will be asked to accept or deny push notifications/alerts. If you deny, you will not receive any push notifications/alerts. If you accept, push notifications/alerts will be automatically sent to you. If you no longer wish to receive push notifications/alerts from the App, you may opt out by changing your notification settings on your mobile device. With respect to other types of messaging or communications, such as emails, text messages, etc., you can unsubscribe or opt out by either following the specific instructions included in such communications, or by emailing us with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE APP, SITE, OUR CONTENT, AND MEMBER CONTENT ARE ALL PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE COMPATIBILITY OF ANY MATCHES.
SHOULD APPLICABLE LAW NOT PERMIT THE FOREGOING EXCLUSION OF EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THEN WE GRANT THE MINIMUM EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS SECTION.
ADDITIONALLY, WE DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES THAT THE APP OR SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE OR ERROR FREE OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE APP OR SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, OR THAT THE APP, SITE, OUR CONTENT, ANY MEMBER CONTENT, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, IS CORRECT, ACCURATE, OR RELIABLE. YOUR USE OF THE APP OR SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEMBERS. THE MEET NOW GROUP IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT OF ANY USER. WINKNDRINK GROUP DOES NOT CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ITS MEMBERS.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
NEITHER US NOR ANY OWNER WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, PROFIT OR GOODWILL, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE APP, SITE, OUR CONTENT, OR ANY MEMBER CONTENT, HOWEVER CAUSED, WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PROPRIETARY RIGHTS INFRINGEMENT, PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
THE FOREGOING SHALL APPLY EVEN IF WE WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF YOU BECOME DISSATISFIED IN ANY WAY WITH THE APP OR SITE, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO STOP YOUR USE OF THE APP AND SITE.
YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE APP OR SITE. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES, THESE PROVISIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF ANY PORTION OF THIS LIMITATION ON LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY HEREIN IS A FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN AND REFLECTS A FAIR ALLOCATION OF RISK. THE APP AND SITE WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS AND YOU AGREE THAT THE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMERS AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES SPECIFIED HEREIN WILL SURVIVE EVEN IF FOUND TO HAVE FAILED IN THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY ARISING FROM ANY FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATIONS, OR ANY OTHER LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE LIMITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
All the actions you make and information you post on WinknDrink remain your responsibility. If you link with users, you are taking personal risk. The Meet Now Group does not encourage linking with users until you feel safe with the end user. Therefore, you agree to indemnify, defend, release, and hold us, and our partners, licensors, affiliates, contractors, officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, harmless, from and against any third-party claims, damages (actual and/or consequential), actions, proceedings, demands, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) suffered or reasonably incurred by us arising as a result of, or in connection with:
- any negligent acts, omissions or willful misconduct by you;
- your access to and use of the App;
- the uploading or submission of Content to the App by you;
- any breach of these Terms by you; and/or
- your violation of any law or of any rights of any third party.
We retain the exclusive right to settle, compromise and pay any and all claims or causes of action which are brought against us without your prior consent. If we ask, you will co-operate fully and reasonably as required by us in the defense of any relevant claim.
The foregoing provision does not require you to indemnify the Meet Now Group for any unconscionable commercial practice or any fraud, deception, false promise, misrepresentation or concealment, suppression or omission of any material fact in connection with the App.
- PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
If you believe any content on WinknDrink infringes the copyright in a work that you own, please submit a notification alleging such infringement (“DMCA Takedown Notice”) to MEET NOW Group’s Copyright Agent. The Takedown Notice must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that, under penalty of perjury, the information in the notification is accurate and you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Takedown Notices should be sent to Meet Now Group’s customer support at email@example.com. If you wish to reach out to Meet Now Group’s Customer Service via other methods, you can write to: Meet Now, Attn: Meet Now Group – Copyright, Meet Now Group LLC, 4325 Gallatin St #311, Hyattsville MD 20781-2051, United States or you may call our offices at 202-796-3777. Although calls are accepted, we do require proof of copyright which will need to be verified and sent to our office. Email is preferred and is the fastest way to resolve copyright issues.
- THIRD PARTY APP STORE
The following additional terms and conditions apply to you if you download the App from a Third Party Store. To the extent that the other terms and conditions of these Terms are less restrictive than, or otherwise conflict with, the terms and conditions of this Section, the more restrictive or conflicting terms and conditions in this Section will apply, but solely with respect to the App and the Third Party Store. You acknowledge and agree that:
- These Terms are concluded solely between you and the Meet Now Group and not with the providers of the Third Party Store, and the Meet Now Group (and not the Third Party Store providers) is solely responsible for the App and the content thereof. To the extent that these Terms provide for usage rules for the App which are less restrictive or in conflict with the applicable terms of service of the Third Party Store from which you obtain the App, the more restrictive or conflicting term of the Third Party Store will take precedence and will apply.
- The Third Party Store provider has no obligation whatsoever to provide any maintenance and support services with respect to the App. The Meet Now Group is solely responsible for any product warranties, whether express or implied by law, to the extent not effectively disclaimed. The Third Party Store provider will have no warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App, and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be the sole responsibility of the Meet Now Group.
- The Meet Now Group, not the Third Party Store provider, is responsible for addressing any claims you or any third party may have relating to the App or your possession and/or use of the App, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation; and/or (iv) intellectual property infringement claims.
- The Third Party Store provider and its subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of these Terms, and, upon your acceptance of these Terms, the Third Party Store provider from whom you obtained the App will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third party beneficiary thereof.
In the event of a conflict between a Third Party Store’s or mobile carrier’s applicable terms and conditions and these Terms, the terms and conditions of the Third Party Store or mobile carrier shall govern and control. We are not responsible and have no liability whatsoever for third-party goods or services you obtain through a Third Party Store or mobile carrier. We encourage you to make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online transaction with any of these third parties.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION.
Please read the following arbitration agreement in this Section (“Arbitration Agreement”) carefully. Unless you opt out in the manner described in subsection 7 below, this agreement requires you to arbitrate disputes with Meet Now Group and limits the manner in which you seek relief from us.
- When Does This Arbitration Agreement Apply?This Arbitration Agreement applies to any dispute or claim relating to your use of our App or any other aspect of your relationship with Meet Now Group. It requires that, and by entering into these Terms you agree, that such claims will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that (i) you may assert claims in small claims court if your claims qualify; and (ii) you or Meet Now Group may seek equitable relief in court for infringement or misuse of intellectual property rights.
- How Do You Start The Arbitration Process?To begin the arbitration proceeding, you must first email firstname.lastname@example.org to report your claim.
- What Are The Rules Of Arbitration?The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement. The arbitration will be governed by a lawyer barred in the State of Maryland. If the Arbitrator deems the claim to be frivolous, the user will be billed for such services. If the Arbitrator agrees there is a valid claim, the Arbitration will begin.
You may choose to have the arbitration conducted by telephone, based on written submissions, or in person in the country where you live or at another mutually agreed location.
- What Can The Arbitrator Decide?The arbitrator has the exclusive authority to (i) determine the scope and enforceability of this Arbitration Agreement, and (ii) resolve any dispute related to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of this Arbitration Agreement including, but not limited to, any claim that all or any part of this Arbitration Agreement is void or voidable. The arbitrator will have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim. The arbitrator will have the authority to award monetary damages and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the arbitral forum’s rules, and the Agreement (including the Arbitration Agreement). The arbitrator will issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and us.
- No Jury Trials.By agreeing to arbitration, YOU AND MEET NOW GROUP ARE EACH AGREEING TO WAIVE OUR RIGHTS TO A JURY TRIAL. Instead, you and Meet Now Group are electing that all claims and disputes will be resolved by arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement, except as described in Section 13(1) above. An arbitrator can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court and must follow this Agreement as a court would. However, there is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is subject to very limited review.
- One At A Time.All claims and disputes within the scope of this Arbitration Agreement MUST BE ARBITRATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS OR COLLECTIVE BASIS, AND YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR ANY OTHER CLASS PROCEEDING. Only individual relief is available, and claims of more than one customer or user cannot be arbitrated or consolidated with those of any other customer or user. The arbitration proceeding will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties. If a decision is issued stating that applicable law precludes enforcement of any of this subsection’s limitations as to a given claim for relief, then the claim must be severed from the arbitration and brought into the State or Federal Courts located in Prince George’s County, Maryland. All other claims shall be arbitrated.
- Severability.Except as provided in subsection 13(6), if any part or parts of this Arbitration Agreement are found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of the Arbitration Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
- Survival of Agreement- The terms of this Arbitration Agreement will continue, even after your relationship with Meet Now Group has ended.
- USE OF THIRD PARTY INTEGRATIONS
Use of third-party integrations are used. At this time these services will not affect your use of the application.
- TERMINATION AND REMEDIES
These Terms commence on the date you accept them when you download and use the app. Terms continue until terminated in accordance with these conditions and terms herein.
If you want to terminate these Terms, you may do so by (a) notifying Meet Now Group at any time, and (b) closing your Account. Your notice should be sent to Meet Now Group’s address below. Please note that if you terminate these Terms, your subscription will continue until the end of the subscription period for which applicable fees have been paid, and you will not be entitled to a refund except as stated in Section 5.
Meet Now Group may terminate or suspend these Terms, including your Account, if you breach these Terms or if Meet Now Group is required to do so by applicable law. You agree that all terminations for cause shall be made in Meet Now Group’s sole discretion and that Meet Now Group shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your Account.
In the event that Meet Now Group determines, in its sole discretion, that you have breached any portion of these Terms, or have otherwise demonstrated conducted inappropriate for the App, Meet Now Group reserves the right to: (a) warn you via email (to any email addresses you have provided to Meet Now Group) that you have violated the Terms; (b) delete your User Content; (c) discontinue your Account; (d) discontinue your subscription(s); (e) notify and/or send your User Content to and/or fully cooperate with the proper law enforcement authorities for further action; and/or (f) pursue to any other action which Meet Now Group deems to be appropriate.
Termination of these Terms or your Account includes the removal of access to your Account, and all related information and content associated with or inside your Account.
All provisions of these Terms, which by their nature should survive, shall survive termination of these Terms, including, without limitation, the Arbitration Agreement, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers and limitation of liability.
- MISCELLANEOUS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Meet Now Group has taken reasonable steps to ensure the currency, availability, correctness and completeness of the information contained on WinknDrink and provides that information on an “as is”, “as available” basis. The Meet Now Group does not give or make any warranty or representation of any kind about the information contained on WinknDrink, whether express or implied. Use of WinknDrink and the materials available on it is at your sole risk. The Meet Now Group is not responsible for any loss arising from the transmission, use of data, or inaccurate Member Content.
You are responsible for taking all necessary precautions to ensure that any material you may obtain from WinknDrink is free of viruses or other harmful components. You accept that WinknDrink will not be provided uninterrupted or error free, that defects may not be corrected or that The Meet Now Group, or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or bugs, spyware, Trojan horse or any similar malicious software. The Meet Now Group is not responsible for any damage to your computer hardware, computer software, or other equipment or technology including, but without limitation damage from any security breach or from any virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer line or network failure or any other technical or other malfunction.
The communications between you and Meet Now Group may take place via electronic means, whether you use the App or send Meet Now Group emails, or whether Meet Now Group posts notices in the App or communicates with you via email. For contractual purposes, you (a) consent to receive communications from Meet Now Group in electronic form; and (b) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that Meet Now Group provides to you electronically satisfy if it were to be in writing. The foregoing does not affect your statutory rights, including but not limited to the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act at 15 U.S.C. Sec. 7001 et. seq.
We are growing and as we grow and evolve so will these Terms.
As WinknDrink grows (we are growing fast), we might have to make changes to these Terms so we reserve the right to modify, amend or change the Terms at any time (a “Change”). If we do this then the Changes will be posted on this page and we will indicate the Effective Date of the updates at the bottom of the Terms. In certain circumstances, we may send an email to you notifying you of a Change. It’s also possible that we might ask you to agree to our Changes, but we’ll let you know. You should regularly check this page for notice of any Changes – we want our users to be as informed as possible.
Your continued use of WinknDrink following any Change constitutes your acceptance of the Change and you will be legally bound by the new updated Terms. If you do not accept any Changes to the Terms, you should stop using WinknDrink.
If, for any reason, any of the Terms are declared illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court of a competent jurisdiction, then to the extent that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the Terms and the remainder of the Terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
No failure or delay in exercising any right, power or privilege under the Terms shall operate as a waiver of such right or acceptance of any variation of the Terms and nor shall any single or partial exercise by either party of any right, power or privilege preclude any further exercise of the right or the exercise of any other right, power or privilege.
You represent and warrant that:
- you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and
- you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
By using the App, you agree and acknowledge that WinknDrink is working to become a global app (we are already able to launch in other countries and will begin to roll out in other markets) operating through servers located in a number of countries around the world, including the United States. If you live in a country with data protection laws, the storage of your personal data may not provide you with the same protections as you enjoy in your country of residence. By submitting your personal information, or by choosing to upgrade the services you use, or by making use of the applications available on WinknDrink, you agree to the transfer of your personal information to, and storage and processing of your personal information in, any such countries and destinations.
The App may contain links to third-party websites or resources. In such cases, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for:
- the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or
- the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources.
Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources. Framing, in-line linking or other methods of association with the App are expressly prohibited without first obtaining our prior written approval.
These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by us without restriction.
In the event there is a discrepancy between this English language version and any translated copies of the Terms, the English version shall prevail.
If you have any questions, complaints or claims with respect to the App, please contact us at email@example.com.
- GOVERNING LAW AND FORUM.
Subject to Section 13(3), your access to the App, Our Content, and any Member Content, any claims arising from or related to your relationship with the Meet Now Group, and these Terms are governed and interpreted by the laws of the State of Maryland. All claims arising out of or relating to these Terms and/or your relationship with the Meet Now Group that for whatever reason are not submitted to arbitration, and all claims or cases challenging the enforceability or applicability of the arbitration provisions herein, will be litigated exclusively in the federal or state courts of Prince George County, Maryland. You agree that such courts shall have personal jurisdiction and venue and waive any objection based on inconvenient forum. You agree that you will not file or participate in a class action against us.
- THE MEET NOW GROUP.
- The Terms constitute a binding legal agreement between you as user (“you”) and the Meet Now Group (“we” or “us”). The Meet Now Group LLC. is a registered business in the state of Maryland. To contact us please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending correspondence to Meet Now Group LLC, 4325 Gallatin St #311, Hyattsville MD 20781-2051, United States.
- FINAL Acknowledgement
Yes, we need to tell you again. Do not use services if you have not read these terms and conditions. It’s your right to do so. So please do.
These are the Terms and Conditions governing the use of this Service and the agreement that operates between You and the Company. These Terms and Conditions set out the rights and obligations of all users regarding the use of the Service.
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on Your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If You disagree with any part of these Terms and Conditions then You may not access the Service.
I agree to these terms and conditions and by using these services and will hold the Meet Now Group harmless as agreed above.